Tuesday 29 July 2014

Busy Monday!

I woke up to bad news all round. Bombing has started in Gaza again. South East Britain has had the massive flash floods that I remember so well from my time in Essex.

Looking out of my window here I see an idyllic landscape, looking down over a meadow to the sea with wonderful views of Falmouth.

The hotel we visited at the weekend after I had done the service in the village earlier had suffered the loss of a terrace during the winter. It's hard to remember now the force of the terrible winter storms...this was a stern reminder.

There is bad news all around....and yet somehow the human condition thrives. Our summer visitors have arrived in great numbers... Getting to the crematorium yesterday was a fairly lengthy process...but once there I saw old friends in abundance...dog walking friends, swimming friends, people to eat or drink with in the old days before the church got me.

I did it all without weeping...got home and found that David's gravestone is now in place so that brought some tears naturally.

It's not too hot here....there is always breeze, often a gale...but it remains a comfortable safe haven of peace and tranquility for which I am very grateful....it's just the rest of the world I worry about!

 

2 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

Please don't try to add the rest of the world to your worries Jean. Accept that all we can do is pray that common humanity and sense will eventually prevail.
I know Cornwall though very beautiful has more than its share of severe weather at times, so let's all be grateful for the good bits and pray for those affected by the bad bits.

UKViewer said...

In the end Jean, we can only pray and hope that the world will become the Kingdom of God. You're more than doing your bit to build it and we salute your fortitude.