Thursday 11 September 2014

House pride.

It's taken a week and a half but I am now able to get through the day without pain killers...

Yesterday was the first day of moving freely and I'm still good this morning....but this period of pain has concentrated the mind wonderfully....

What is going to happen when I'm a really old woman is something I've preferred not to think about...

The house is now set up to meet physical frailty but the really scary bit is when the mental faculties fail...

Going about my daily routines I am remembering the clues that all was not well with David. The fact that I failed to pick up on most of them is astonishing...but we shared our lives completely so if he hadn't flushed the loo or had all his buttons done up wrong it didn't really register as an indication that something else was happening ... We just laughed it off as chronic old age...

Now living alone there is no one to pick up on my deficiencies....my only clues are finding things left undone after several days....

This has turned me into the person I never was...the house proud demon...I don't leave things undone...every day I empty the dishwasher, hang out the washing, tidy anything that looks out of place....

This woman is not me, it is my alta ego desperately trying not to qualify for the funny farm or the old peoples home.....

Living alone miles from anywhere suits me....I am not complaining . I have booked and paid for my next holiday....I have so much to be grateful for....thank you God.

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I don't think that the mental faculties are failing, the physical ones might just be slowing down a bit. :)

It's good that you've recovered enough not to need pain killers, but don't over do it too soon.

And as I age, I'm trying to do more. Just got a larger, car, which needs careful steering in and out of our tight garage - nothing better to concentrate the mind - scratching it on the first day would be a disaster :)