Sunday 14 December 2014

Up early!

It's half past five in the morning and it's the day I depart .

To opt to be away for Christmas is unheard of for most priests who face their busiest schedule around this time . I had one Christmas when I had a Christingle on Christmas Eve followed by a crib service in a neighbouring church.

I then did midnight mass followed by an eight o'clock communion only a few hours hours later. The day was completed by another two services at nine thirty and eleven o'clock.

David and I then went out to lunch in a local hotel but by that time I was almost comatose.

Last year I had no services because David needed full time care so my colleagues are used to holding the fort!

This year I need to be away from home for fairly obvious reasons so from today blogging will be whenever I'm able and wherever I can use the Internet!

I will be travelling...not always in hope .....but accompanied by my ghosts!

As I go someone else arrives.....there's a metaphor there somewhere....

See you on the other side....God willing!

 

7 comments:

Babs said...

Will be thinking of you as I am sure you will be thinking of me xx

Dump Him Love said...

enjoy and keep safe 😊 x

Pam Baker said...

Thinking of you on your Christmas journey. Prayers too.

jante said...

Enjoy your time away as much as you can- but grieve when you need to as well. Love and hugs for this difficult time ( from someone else with 5 services between 4pm on Christmas Eve and 11am on Christmas Day)

Revjeanrolt said...

Thanks to you all. I have arrived safely on Queen Mary 2. A ship I have been on before. Alleluia !

UKViewer said...

Well done. Hope you have a great time, and will be following the blog with interest.

Revjeanrolt said...

You know you have my prayers and love Babs. Xx