Sunday 18 January 2015

Jesus in Cornwall.

I was startled yesterday after the service to find in my congregation someone who shared my interest in the local legend that Jesus came to Cornwall with his uncle Joseph of Arimathea .
Some of you may remember that last year I published an ebook on this subject, using the legends held dear in many places here , as a basis for a story about Jesus' stay here as a boy!
This man had actually done a huge amount of research...far more than I did and was very knowledgeable on the subject. I listened as he detailed some of his findings and was startled to find that he'd drawn the same conclusions as I had when believing I was writing fiction.
He had written a paperback on the subject and I failed to get either its title or his name because so many people were waiting to talk to me!
We shared enough knowledge however for me to realise that my work of the imagination had in fact some roots in fact!
It was a very strange moment but reassured me that my jottings might not just be a work of imagination...
It was a good first day back at work....thank you God.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

I wonder what the book was called? Must look it up.

Revjeanrolt said...

I have googled it and it seems there are a couple of paperbacks . I wish I'd got the authors name! Fascinating how much information is available that I was unaware of!