Saturday 7 February 2015

Anniversary.

Waking very early I am reflecting on my changed state. It is the first anniversary of the day David left us.
I have shed my tears...mostly when I came to bed last night.
In a single moment my whole world changed .
During this year I have learned a lot.
The time spent on my own was constructive, positive, not miserable, not self pitying.
I wish with all my heart that we could have had longer. But in those short years we had , we grew together as a couple and experienced great joy before the final parting.
We were fortunate indeed...and with that knowledge I can now move on.
Back at work , I am still a very lucky woman, still full of joy and still thanking God that in my old age I am able to fulfil the promises made to God at my ordination.
So this morning, off I go shortly...to preside at the eight o clock communion.
And afterwards I will stand at the grave side on my own....
The garlic grass is pushing up, and between the green leaves are primroses.
On the creek side the boats are wintering , waiting for the Spring tides to float them out over the sand bank.
There is a metaphor there...but not yet....
Rest in peace my love.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Prayers for you on such an auspicious occasion. Loving your blogs since Davids death - they give a unique insight into your grief, but also into God's grace working through you.