Sunday 12 April 2015

Ancient churches

I travelled through country lanes in bright sunshine this to morning to preside at a medieval church . The arcane mysteries never felt so perfect.
The BCP communion , much loved by those of us who are definitely of riper years was as close to perfect as I could get it...hearing the deep tones of Bill Vanstone echoing in my head. It was the service I grew up with!
Dressed in all its Easter glory with sparkling silver and glass it was as close to perfect as I could imagine in the lovely church.
Now after a short rest I am off to another ancient church for the Common Worship communion.
It will be quite different! Hymns will be sung and I will preach but it will be just as beautiful.
I am indeed a lucky woman. Thanks be to God!

1 comment:

Perpetua said...

My sentiments exactly, Jean. We are so privileged to be able to do this.