Friday 2 October 2015

More workmen!

Another day, another set of blokes arriving....

My gardener will appear at eight o'clock...the Autumnal clear up will be underway dreckly...

The next lot are coming at nine....I have had several conversations about not relying on their satnav.

Unfortunately I share a post code with the lane a quarter of a mile away....this has led to some very confusing conversations over the years...

I have on this occasion marked their card in advance. My new back door should be installed before lunch,

This will be a relief. When the house was painted a month or so ago the painter showed me an extraordinary thing. The wood of the door was so rotten that it was possible to push a finger into it!

This was a brand new door eight years ago......

We do get a lot of weather here but the rate at which this door has deteriorated is extraordinary! So today we are going glass and plastic.

I am getting used to brewing up for the various groups working on the house and garden..I have my mid morning coffee sitting in the summer house with the very Cornish man who has learned to trust me with the sort of local news that I would never hear otherwise.

The sun is up....the wind has dropped...Gods in his heaven and I am getting all the ideosyncracies here slowly sorted out....now all I have to do is get the central heating working properly again...

A whole new set of prayers seem needed for that!

No comments: