Thursday 17 December 2015

Oysters in St Mawes !

Christmas visits have been very enjoyable this year...friends have arrived here....I have been out visiting also...

People are very kind. They seem to assume that I need cheering up....

Yesterday was amazing. I was taken out to one of the local hotels. We sat looking out to sea watching the ferry boat starting off for Falmouth and coming back shrouded in mist. It was very atmospheric!

The talk was good , the oysters wonderful! The new chef was a triumph!

David could never cope with this particular sea food after suffering sadly after eating them...so far there have been no ill effects for me! Oysters with a lovely white wine from New Zealand made the day very special.

Today an old friend is coming for tea.....I have got some Stollen in!

I am coping with the run up to Christmas this year much better than I did last year. and have started the packing....

As usual I have sent some people two cards so I expect that others may have none....it's all part of the jollity of the season...people are very forgiving....which is just as well, given my frailties.

I am not though as frail this year...thank you God....

 

 

 

No comments: