Wednesday 25 May 2016

Travelling again!

Following yesterday's blog on cheap flights it's now time to report that I am in fact packing again!
Next week I am setting off on the next cruise!
I will have a companion!
Michael and I have booked this cruise separately and we have separate cabins but they are next door to each other!
This will suit us both...I can be untidy and leave my stuff around whilst he is super tidy and likes everything in its place.
Having a travelling companion makes a huge difference to both of us...someone to talk to, to eat and drink with.
Michael has done this particular cruise before and I have not...so I value his input on the outings....
We will not be joined at the hip!
I will go to lectures he probably won't!
I will go off and do my own thing much of the time....but some of the time I will be happy to take his advice......he has relatives in some of the places we are visiting!
This is something of an experiment....we have both been used to doing our own thing...having no one else to answer to is one of the few joys of widowhood.
So this morning I start the pack!
The weather reports all show that I need to take fairly light weight clothing...but not tropical!
As always I shall pack more than I will use but I am determined not to overload myself....
We are both too ancient to cart loads of stuff around....
I am looking forward to it but admit to apprehension at times....I think we shall have learned a lot about each other by the time we get back!
Hey ho!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the trip☺☺

UKViewer said...

I love that you have someone to travel with, but doing your own thing as you go. Companionship is a basic human need and if we find someone compatible, we are happier and healthier for it.

And this is the autumn of both of your lives - better to enjoy, it, living to the full, while you can.