Friday 22 July 2016

The fingers on the buttons.

It's just as well I'm not American. When I look at the choice of presidential candidates I wouldn't want to vote for either of them!
It's not that ours are so much better because they are not.
I don't want to imagine a meeting between Boris, our new foreign secretary and Trump....it's uncanny how alike they look. Big and blonde!
American politics are always a bit of a puzzle over here but there was a great deal of rejoicing when Obama got in and was then reelected.
Unfortunately he couldn't do much when the governing body was governed by the Republicans. But as a figure head he was a reassuring figure suggesting that the Democrats still had some power...if only a little....
Trump is going to build a wall to keep out illegal immigrants and I do have some sympathy with this but I am not sure about the message it sends out to the rest of the world......
I am hoping that most of his electioneering promises will be buried quietly and decently if he gets in...but he doesn't look like a man who will take no for an answer!
Obama was someone we trusted in the country...for the most part!
Finding out what Bush and Blair got up to in our name has not been a good experience either. I think most of us here would worry about where the nuclear button is kept and who has access to it.
We need strong leadership against the so called Isis...but a nuclear war is a terrifying thought which got more real this week!
May and Trump sounds a very unlikely partnership....
I wish I could rid myself of the thought that the whole world just got even more dangerous.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: