Friday 5 August 2016

No sport please.

I know people like the Olympic Games.
I know that many people invest in special TV providers in order not to miss anything.
I do the opposite...I am bored by the whole thing...and just about the only good thing about being on my own is that I don't have to sit through endless hours of watching sport on the TV.
With David, I watched the opening ceremonies usually and after that the rowing was the only regular sport that demanded our attention.
I found watching young people using massive strength to glide their small boats through the water actually quite interesting but then I had my husbands expert knowledge to guide me through.
David had been part of a winning team at Henley and knew what it took to get a team of young people pulling together in order to be first over the line.
This year, lacking any expert to guide my attention I think it very unlikely that I will spend much time trying to make any sense of what's going on in Rio.
One of the things I do when I am coping with loss as I am now is to watch rubbish TV .
I find all sorts of programs that I would normally never watch help fill in the gaps left by the loss of a loved one. I can't eat chocolate any more...in old age chocolate is not the answer....a glass of wine or something stronger goes down quite well in the late evening....
But I don't see me watching any of the programs from Rio...cheers!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: