Wednesday 19 October 2016

Significant dates!

I get nervous at this stage in of the year...October is a month full of memories and mostly sad ones.
One date particularly holds many old miseries.
My daughter was born on this date. I had a small stroke immediately afterwards. One of my dogs died on this date.
My husbands first wife died too . So for him also it was a solemn occasion.
My son died .
This date is coming up fast....
I try very hard to laugh it off...it's ridiculous to associate a particular date in the year as somehow malevolent.....and yet...
My years as an astrologer were not wasted clearly....a superstitious anxiety grows slowly in the days approaching the day!
I laugh at myself now...I tell myself not to be stupid. I don't look to see where the planets are every year as I would have done in the old days but I know that I will be very glad to get to the end of a tricky week!
Praying helps. Laughing at myself helps too....
Let's get it over with for another year please God.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Nancy Wallace said...

I hope you are able to cope once again for the date that is so significant for you this month. Wouldn't it be lovely if something happens (however small) to give you some joy that day? Particular dates are important because they invoke memories of times past and the memories will always be part of who we are now.

UKViewer said...

Prayers for you as you cope with so much, these sadnesses are part of us. My much loved Uncle died on my birthday four years ago, and I always think of him on that day.