Monday 23 January 2017

Targeting the vulnerable!

It's Monday morning after a very busy weekend....I've learned a lot over the last few days...
I am fortunate in having many friends. I've lived in several different places around the British Isles .
The week ahead is also busy and a quick look out of the window reveals frost, most unusual for here.
Thankfully all my radiators are hot! Over the weekend I've talked to the men who sorted out the heating after the "Green homes" people ruined it by putting in a new system . They said it would save me oil. It did.....we had three cold winters in consequence!
The firm responsible are no longer in business but several others have sprung up with slightly different names.
This seems fair game for them I'm afraid...but what I want to know is how these people are able to get hold of not just my landline number but also my mobile phone number!
Over the weekend I have had several calls offering me a new government initiative. I can have a new boiler!
I refused. Regular readers of this blog will understand the reasons.
Old ladies are targeted I'm afraid....by often charming, good looking young men....I do wonder if old men are also targeted. But somehow I doubt it!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

We have been targeted but at the moment, neither of us is in the category (so far anyway) of falling for scams and all unsolicited calls are fully reported to the appropriate authority. I know that there is a market for personal details and even if it's illegal, it still goes on. So, probably at some time in the past, you completed a form in good faith (on line or off) and ticked the boxes about not sharing with partners or others, and they cheated and did it anyway.

If you could find out, they've committed a criminal offence in the UK, but likely they'll be based abroad, even if they operate in the UK.

Good luck and good for you turning them down.