Friday 24 February 2017

Sad election result.

I am feeling sad for the Labour Party this morning. I have listened to several explanations for their defeat in the by election yesterday.
I don't blame Jeremy Corbyn, it is one more example of people voting for change...
People feeling unsettled by the cataclysmic events in the world are voting in the hope that if they vote for something different a brave new world will emerge.
It's not a good time to be a leader of anything right now.
The growth of UKIP , a party based on people's dislike of immigration, of having to share their comfort zones with people fleeing from war torn countries is worrying me even whilst I can understand it. Voting for any party with negative aims...is for me a puzzle .
I left the Labour Party when Tony Blair led us into waging a war in Iraq on a lie. There were no weapons of mass destruction!
Many of today's problems are I believe the result of that folly.
Believing that we have the right to interfere with the way another country is running can never be right, no matter what the provocation .
The only Party that answers most of my hopes for the future is the Green Party....and they have just one MP!
The world is changing...and we have no option but to change with it..
I am fastening my imaginary safety belt .
It's going to be a bumpy ride!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: