Saturday 24 June 2017

Happy Day!

Well I'm not going to have another day like that again! Yesterday was simply amazing....
Cards and flowers arrived . Good friends took me out to lunch to a lovely hotel by the sea where we were treated like royalty. The man who is our verger had laid on champagne. His wife is the manager.
At every stage the staff looked after us magnificently.
I met someone from the last cruise eating at the same place. She wished me a happy birthday!
Back at home I slept.....because I was out again in the evening with a very old friend who used to be my dentist!
St Mawes was packed, we have a lot of visitors here right now but we found a table in a pub run by another old friend...
When I got home I found plants and more cards by my front door!
A phone call from another person from the last cruise , several emails from other old friends, more flowers arriving , it was well beyond anything I could have hoped for!
Maybe being 80 isn't quite so bad!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Penelopepiscopal said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday, Jean!

Ray Barnes said...

Of course I would never say 'told you so'.
Very glad it was a day of celebration after all. Quite right too.

UKViewer said...

Nothing more than you deserve. Somehow, you are able to reach into the hearts and minds of all of us by your sharing your life, no matter how humdrum, the ups and downs and wisdom distilled in small doses. More than anything else, a life lived to the full whatever the circumstances.

God Bless you and for who you are and what you do in reaching so many.

Cynthia said...

So there!!!xx

Revjeanrolt said...

Much of my day was down to you....thank you so much!