Thursday 17 August 2017

Where next with Trump?

I am aware that I'm living in a bubble....a comfortable warm bubble of love and deep joy here in Cornwall.
Suddenly the real world has approached too close for comfort. I had no idea until yesterday that such people as the alt right existed....anywhere...
I suppose that the presence of the various ukippers should have alerted me but only on hearing the comment on the tragedy in Charlottesville did I come face to face with the ugly news that actual nazis still lived on this earth and one of them seems to be president of our closest ally.
Trumps attempts at first to deny what happened and then to try to put it right and then to go back to his original position might have been pathetically funny in any other situation.
But this was a wake up call for the world.
His backers, those who he relies on, those who it now seems tell him what to think are flexing their muscles...
He has clearly been warned off sounding too partisan but I heard enough to go looking and it appears that the alt right has its own web site where you can buy nazi flags and hats and tee shirts...it's not just a bunch of loonies...they mean business and they have one of their own in power...
I can't remember a time when international politics was so engrossing or so scary.
Many of us have witnessed the boasts , lies and self aggrandisement of Mr President but what happened over the weekend took us unto different territory.
We see that his people now in place in the White House are a formidable group of friends. He has not hesitated to appoint and sack various people in order to get a group of people in place who will lick his boots and do his bidding...or will he do theirs?
The fact that we fought a war to defeat nazis and the Americans helped us should give me some cheer...but right now it is just very scary...
Nothing will surprise me having watched several video shots of Trump digging himself in deeper...
The only recourse for me is as always prayer...for a good outcome...but I suppose it depends what constitutes a good outcome for us all as opposed to what an alt right good outcome might be.
Lord hear our prayer .
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Mr Trump will soon only have his family around him, running the biggest, supposed democracy in the world.

The scandal of his support for Right wing White Suppremacists, betrays his true nature. Blaming peaceful protesters when it was the right wing elements who attacked peaceful protesters is foolish and gives grist to the mill of those who want to see him impeached.

Evidence gathering must be taking place, and his supporters, while being the noisiest and shouting the loudest are assisting with this.

The leader of the KKK praised him? Not something that I would want on my CV, but Trump seems to glory in this evil rhetoric.

Time for those in Congress to impeach him I think.