Thursday 21 September 2017

Last days!

We are in Gibraltar. I have been here before and today we are setting sail for home around mid day. I have no plans to go out....but as always I'll play it by ear...never say never!
Last night I went to the concert given by the members of the crew.
The theatre was packed with people sitting on the stairs and lining the walls.
The whole thing was excellent.
Moments of fun between singing , dancing and sheer exuberant joy.
They enjoyed their opportunity and so did we.
The applause was prolonged!
The Brits abroad are a daunting lot especially when they are enjoying themselves.
Lunch with my two old friends yesterday was excellent in the speciality restaurant on board.
We now have three days left....the cruise has been a success. We have all been trained to use the antiseptic gel provided at various doorways and we do!
So far no one has gone down with the Cunard cough......this will make a change....getting home refreshed would be great! A bit of a novelty but possible.....
We shall,see!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I know that amateur reviews can be both raucous and funny, particularly if they are used to poke fun at the bosses, who normally take part and poke fun at themselves. I have been part of some in the past and found that with a little discretion, you can be quite accurate with the fun poking.

Never nasty, but particular personality traits outlined and other done, can give you pause for thought. And recognizing yourself is always a mark of people's respect, not one of cruelty.