Monday 18 September 2017

Sea days.

Having done Venice yesterday I am tired today.
There was a lot of walking!
We now have the joy of two days at sea. During these days I have so many choices of activity that right now, sitting up in my bed, with the sea rushing by, clearly visible through the transparent perspex on my balcony, I am not rushing.
The sun is not yet up but I will not be joining the huge numbers of sun worshippers lying about by the pools outside.
There have been a lot of retrospective lectures during the cruise, celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of Cunard , including talks on the QE2s place in the Falklands war when she carried troops home from the war zone.
As yet I haven't been drawn to any of these...but over the next couple of days I may yet find myself in the mood for reminiscing, both private and en mass!
Just now though I am enjoying the peace, the chance to rest and chat and just relax after all the rush of the last few days.
A friend has recommended that I go to the beauty parlour. She says it's very relaxing! How much more relaxed can I get? And do I need to have a facial?
My own choice is to leave well alone.
The usual parties are taking place over the next few days...I have no idea which invitations I will be accepting...
I have become a creature of whim...but that really is one of the joys of cruising!
Later
A quick cruise through what's on offer today. .....foil fencing, several arty talks....I may go to the one on Lowry...several quizzes...sports desk stuff, talks by retired commodores and one social hostess....
Gosh. The choice fortunately is mine!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: