Wednesday 13 September 2017

Sicily.

We have arrived in Messina. It's still early and I haven't been here before. From my balcony I see a beautiful city with glorious churches.
Cunard have changed their way of getting us onto the buses.
In the past we went to the ball room to register and wait to be called.
Now we just walk off and get on to the bus...hopefully the right one.
This suits us all.
Awake very early I am still in bed watching the buildings get bigger as we approach...
I have made friends on this trip as always...there are lots of lovely people here and I have been surprised by how often a conversation ensues.
Today's tour is called "Leisurely Messina " so I am guessing it's a coach tour as I have no memory of what it said in the original blurb.
The last time I arrived in Sicily it was on the Fred Olsen boat. As I have obliterated the entire trip from my mind I can't remember anything about it....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
People much younger than me are off doing adventurous things which I would have loved ten years ago. But a coach trip suits me now.
So be it...time to get dressed...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Good post. Hope you have a good coach tour.