Sunday 17 September 2017

Venice hates us.

Ok.....we are now docked off Venice. This is a completely different arrangement than last time when we were at anchor at sea and I took a lagoon ride around the grand canal without ever setting foot on dry land.
This time I'm not sure I'll get off.
So many people are giving me a lot of information about going , it has become a huge question mark in my head.
I am not as tired as yesterday since I stayed put on board after a huge thunderstorm drenched everyone and everything completely...
My age is becoming apparent.
I am waiting to see how I'll feel when I've had breakfast and the major embarkation has taken place.
We all need our passports...that's not a problem....
I keep remembering the TV program where the inhabitants of this place told the world how much they hated the cruise ships. Far from welcoming our spending power they detest it and us as a daily visitation of hell!
I don't want to go to a place where we are hated.
I would like to walk around St Marks square...of course I would but right now it feels unlikely that I will.
We shall see......



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

Venice can be a lovely city. I visited in the year of the Queen's Silver Jubilee. I can remember the smell of the Canals in those days - I understand that a big cleanup has taken place since than - I hope so for the sake of your nose.

Bob Collis said...

The big problem with Venice is that being so low lying and near the sea, most of the streets are permanently flooded ������

Revjeanrolt said...

I did get there with much encouragement.....and it was lovely but so crowded! I walked a very long way to get a short distance....at least that's the way it felt.
It was just as beautiful as pictured but full. So many people crowded into the squares....glad I went though!