Tuesday 24 October 2017

Lost phone!

I had a very manic start to the day. I couldn't find my phone. My mobile phone comes to bed with me complete with the iPad. The pad was there, the phone wasn't.
I knew that I would have at least one text message on it but I couldn't find it!
I tried to remember exactly when I'd last seen it...and checked the bed. I looked under my pillows, under the duvet, in the drawers on either side....
It wasn't there so I needed to do what I always do when I've lost it. I ring myself obviously.
That meant going downstairs for my diary and landline phone. I can't remember my mobile number....
Back upstairs I rang it. Two iPads rang out clear...the old one joined in!
I muted both pads at that stage and tried again.
Lo I heard my mobile ringing....but still couldn't find it because it was under the bed!
Fortunately it has a bright pink jacket and I finally located it tucked well under the very wide bed. I have no idea what gremlin moved it there!
I will not bore you with details of my retrieving it, suffice it to say that it was an undignified performance!
Us old women lead interesting lives, trying to come to terms with going slightly fey!
All is well with my world right now...until I misplace something else......

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I have lost phones down the back of a settee, or just put it down somewhere. Ringing it works, unless the battery expires, when the phones shuts down. I have a curious anomoly, where my spare mobile rings, when the main one is switched off? I don't know how I managed to link them, it has something to do with the Blackberry Address Book (I think), but it can be useful, as it rings when I least expect it, warning me that the main phone is not available.