Sunday 21 January 2018

Lost bracelet .

When I got home from the last cruise I tried to talk to Cunard about the bracelet stolen from my cabin. I met blank faces whilst I was still on board, they really didn’t want to know but I couldn’t just let it drop.
I tried to speak to them when I got home but was urged to put it in writing and send it to "Customer services"
Two weeks later I got a reply. After being ignored for several weeks on this subject it was a very small crumb of comfort.
They said if it turned up on board they would let me know.
I’ve given up now. People tell me I can claim it on my holiday insurance. I find I don’t want to do that..the cost would be to me eventually on increased premiums.
But the real reason is that I don’t want a replacement. I don’t need a gold bracelet....I just want that one back complete with all its memories bought in Chelmsford twenty odd years ago...
The whole episode has left me feeling very let down by Cunard.. I didn’t imagine it. I left it in my cabin on the first night and it had gone when I got back.
And no one wanted to know.
Buying a new one wouldn’t help.
But I do feel let down. I felt ignored whilst I was on board and still do . I have banished some very unchristian thoughts about the thief. It’s gone. Let it be.
It’s value to me has nothing to do with its cash value. So I am not getting a replacement...who needs it ? I have reached the age where jewellery is not important for its value..it’s only the memories that are important and I still have those. Intact!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

What is so sad is the Cunard believe that it is acceptable to patronize someone of mature years. You can imagine the conversations behind your back, "Poor old lady - her memory is going" or even worse "She is in her dotage".

These are things that I have heard said about people, which are both unkind and untrue. Surely, someone who is capable of booking a cruise, make arrangements to travel alone and to communicate as effectively as you do, are also capable of remembering the loss of a bracelet and haven't just misplaced it?

I have never cruised, so can't really comment first hand on Cunard, but your experiences make me more determined never to travel with them if the opportunity ever arose.'

Perhaps go to Trip Advisor and leave an adverse review about their treatment of you, might just spark some interest from them - because bad reviews from a well and widely used web site could hit them in the pocket as people share their own experiences of Cunard and stop other people seekning to patronize their cruises.