Wednesday 18 July 2018

Passwords! Bleep bleep!

I suppose that in an age where communications are often done on line, using modern technology with relative ease , some threat to our privacy is to be expected.
Many sites depend on passwords.
And this is where my problems lie.
Everywhere I go now a password is demanded.
On my laptop which is old....I have never had a password... so I have been puzzled recently at the insistent demands .
Yesterday I was trying to fill in a form for my next cruise and my password was required and this was the first time...
Prompted to put one in I tried an old one....it failed. Several more attempts also failed and I was aware of the real danger of being locked out!
On a machine I have had for at least ten years this was ridiculous!
In the end I used the password I use for my iPad....the Apple password.....this worked but because of the number of attempts I was then prompted to change my password! Again!
I realise that ultimately it is my security on line that is being protected but the frustration , the sheer fury engendered by all these demands are very trying.....
No one else has ever had access or used my laptop. To now prove my credentials after about ten years is just ridiculous!
I would be tempted to junk it at this stage except that it contains drafts of lots of writing including hundreds of old sermons...
I woke up to more demands for my password including the information that if I got it wrong I would be locked out!
Bits of paper with names and numbers on them litter the house now...
My mobile phone contains several old passwords for various activities...
Apple products all have this insistence....and all my toys are Apple. Surely one password for everything should be enough...
Screams of frustration and even fury may well be audible outside occasionally.
Help!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: