Monday 17 September 2018

Day one!

Well safely on board I am having to attempt to remember where everything is. I’m told it’s all been moved but nothing so far is where I thought it might be.
The usual Cunard arrangements seem to be in place but it’s all very unfamiliar.
I’m not exactly lost at sea but I’m getting there.
Last night at dinner I was placed on a table with three other guests who had eaten already. When they left I was not happy to be on my own. I’m told I can wander in and out at will...no need to book just walk in and sit down!
But last night I presided over an empty table in the huge dining room.
This morning I found a couple also a bit disconcerted by the changes so at least we had common feeling!
I have no idea if I can get this posted....everyone around me seems to be in the same boat as me! Literally at sea!
The stateroom on the twelfth floor is exactly like all the previous ones I’ve had...so nothing to complain about..but this ship at the moment feels very foreign.
I will get used to it..but hopefully sooner rather than later.
A lecture on Bletchley Park beckons...
I think I can find my way.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: