Monday 10 December 2018

Chaos!

Oh dear...or words to that effect. Usually on the week before setting sail I am busy but getting closer each day .
This week is just not going in that direction.
Yesterday I went into St Mawes for some essential shopping, to get some cash and to pick up my usual prescription.
I have been taking the same medication since I lived in Essex....so a long time....
Yesterday they failed to produce it....neither the pharmacy in St Mawes or the one in the next village had it in stock! !
"Come back next week." brought gasps of indignation from me as I explained that by that time I will be in the middle of the Atlantic.
A substitute for the missing tablet was hastily found....to be picked up in two days time!
Today I have visitors. We are going out to lunch. Other visitors are arriving this morning despite my attempts to put them off.
Chaos is threatening...I have only got a few things in my suitcase...the packing is not going well.
This is a most unusual turn of events..
The same could be said about the political situation in this country.
Changing our Prime minister at this stage looks possible if all the politicians could come to an agreement but right now that seems unlikely.
Chaos seems possible both at home and in the country...
My cards are mostly written and in the post!
If I get my bags packed sometime in the next few days all will be well in the end...providing the lack of my blood pressure tablet doesn’t kill me first!
A bit of earnest praying is clearly called for.....plus goodwill all round....
Ha!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: