Tuesday 15 March 2011

Moved to the barn.

I spent a morning clearing out rubbish. It was a necessity as some drawers were so full, not only could I not find anything, I couldn't even get them open. So I tackled the problem! And not before time . I hope I am not the only hoarder out there?
The two drawers I turned out had old computer stuff in them. Floppy discs, CD's going back to the dark ages!  I had my first computer in 1997 some things came from then .  Several more computers later why on earth am I still hanging on to old Microsoft stuff now?
Even this morning  I just could not throw anything in the bin...because, well you just never know, they might come in handy one day!
I filled up a waste paper basket of old instruction leaflets etc but what to do with the games? Spore, Virtual Villagers, Monkey solitaire!  Some are for Macs but most are not and I still couldn't actually ditch them. They all went into a bag and then, and this must not get back to my husband, they all went out to the barn.
We've got this barn.    Its empty of straw or sacks of anything agricultural but its not empty.
We all have our views on what we might do with it. My husband favours a pool table.  My son thinks, a pool table plus a bar. I think a small pool would be good. We've lived here for four years so we are not rushing into anything but in the meantime it is slowly filling. Old books, old shoes, old cutlery.  and now old floppy's.  A stall outside the house on the road might be the best solution . All proceeds to the church roof fund!
But in the interim its a great place for sticking old rubbish that might be useful one day.
Its no wonder my son hasn't got his van fixed yet.

1 comment:

Ray Barnes said...

Just think Jean, you could have a great Bonfire Night.