Wednesday 22 November 2017

Cassidy mania!

Memories flooded back this morning as I heard that David Cassidy had died.
There was a time a very long time ago when his picture decorated every wall of my daughters bedroom.
Adoration was the only word that can describe how she felt about this rather beautiful young man. I can't remember her listening to his music, just adoring his pleasant face found everywhere.
This during the years that my son turned into a punk rocker made life at times rather fraught.
I treasure the occasion now that I sent my son to his room to remove the safety pins dangling from his ears and do up up his trouser zip!
His comments on the Cassidy take over of his sister's room were colourful!
It was a strange time when, with nothing in common musically they occasionally joined forces against law and order as laid down by their parents.
Those years did not seem golden at the time...but looking back now from a gap of forty odd years it was.
Emerging views, musical tastes embattled on a daily basis made for a golden time it's good to remember.
I can't remember any individual song from that time. But the Cassidy family's output left me cold...but it was innocent I think....nothing to get self righteous
about...unlike the punk music of the Boomtown rats...
Imagine then the two different types of pop music in juxtaposition with my daughters glorious flute music.
Life was never dull in those days...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I too remember the Cassidy era with an almost teenage daughter swooning after him. And a younger son, laughing at her for being a #Cassette as he described her Cassidy Mania. Punk seemed to pass us by, although |Bob Geldorf made an impression of sorts, mainly for being Irish (my spouse at the time was (Irish). In those days, being very mobile, moving between countries, meant that the seventies and eighties were in Europe, so most of the trends passed us by.