Thursday 23 November 2017

Xmas ......?

Just realised it's almost Christmas! Well....only if you live in the daft style I do!
News just in heralds the arrival of old friends, family , acquaintances etc.
Enough to send me scurrying to my favourite places for ordering gifts.
Having just ordered one item I was then informed it's not arriving until the week before Christmas...too late for my carefully planned set of visits.....
It seems to be coming from China!
I am trying not to panic.....arghh
There is still plenty of time to order from my old favourite...M and S...please don't groan if you are a relation coming my way! I'll try to avoid socks!
They are reliable...mostly.
This small wobble is because old friends and relations are now au fait with my Christmas habits. I leave the country. Usually on a big ship.....so everything has to be sorted out well in advance.
I find the thought of spending the festive season alone here daunting...but on a ship there is always someone to talk to and I can shed a tear or three for my lost loved ones in peace in my cabin. So I need to get my preparations sorted out well in advance.
I've had my cards for some time now...not written yet but I've also got some stamps left over from last year...complete with last years pretty picture.
Several bottles of brandy and mulled wine are waiting for their festive ribbons.....
This is the moment every year that I speak sternly to myself. It's a shame I don't listen!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: