Monday 18 December 2017

Getting on!

I am getting worse....it took me half an hour this morning before I remembered that it was Monday!
This means that my cleaner is due to arrive shortly...
This week before Christmas is always panic filled for me...but more so when ball gowns have to be packed along with swimming gear and sandals...
I hope I have posted my cards though I am certain that during the week I will be reminded of someone I've forgotten.
This is the first year that I have not sent a news letter....
It's not that there has been no news, it's more that there's been almost too much..... and I don't need people feeling sorry for me...
That suggests that it's been a bad year but on the whole it hasn't.
It's not been dull either...I seem to have drifted into an eventful busy old age.
My friends tell me in accusing tones that I don't look my age so people are still expecting me to do what I've always done.
I don't know why I don't actually look decrepit. I wear no make up. I haven't been to a hairdresser for twenty years...my teeth are still my own....
I am reasonably alert mentally...but a little more forgetful.
Life is still good....I am aware that despite losing my loved ones I am still a very fortunate woman...and looking forward to the next cruise...where I can hide in the mass of people.
I shall attend their Christmas services...sing carols, open parcels , drink Long Island Iced tea and make new friends whilst reuniting with old ones...
Ok....let Christmas commence!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Days to do, before you travel. I hope that you have all of your things done in good time, to allow you a stress free journey. And come back, rested, restored and looking younger than ever :)