Tuesday 26 December 2017

Meeting people.

Attending the captains Christmas morning service was interesting. The whole service was fine, readings done by the crew, carols sung well in a packed theatre.
On the way out I spotted someone I knew.
She was well ahead of me but I knew I knew her.....quite well.....
What I couldn't decide was how.
I don't know whether I've met her on another cruise or she is someone from home...
This is really annoying. I've run my mind over where I might have been with this woman and my mind is not obliging me with facts.
So if I spot her again I'm lumbered.
The best I could come up with is.."How do I know you?" But this could cause either laughter or outrage.
There are several people on this ship I have met before...but usually I know how we originally met. Or bumped into each other.
Meeting old acquaintances is part of the joy of cruising...
Today I am surrounded by people dressed in weird clothes and head dresses trying very hard to get into the Christmas spirit.
I am hating every bit of it I admit.
Now sitting in the Commodore club drinking a Long Island iced tea I am glad we are almost back to normal....I need to try to forget that I literally have no loved ones left. I have people I'm fond of. But no one special....this I do miss but it doesn't mean I'm ready to get involved with anyone again...maybe never again!
I am not in a good place right now as must be obvious...but it is a self inflicted state...I could throw myself into joyful participation. But I'm not ready for that yet.
Maybe in a day or so when we arrive in Lanzerotte. Or as we used to call it in North Wales, Clansagrotty... deep sigh....
Moan over....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I have a friend who owns an apartment in Lanzerotte who goes their each Christmas. He says that it is better than being at home in Colchester, and his surviving family go with him. But is mainly alone, having lost all of those he loved, one way or another. But having had a major heart op this year, he is now having to stay at home alone. He'd welcome the opportunity to travel.