Friday 23 February 2018

Cold again!

And now for something completely different...well it’s more a return to an old moan.....my heatings off ...again.
It went off last night. Despite my prayers it is still not on today so the house is getting cold.
I should be getting used to it by this time...but it is complicated by the fact that it’s Saturday! The chance of getting anyone to come out on a Saturday morning is small, very small .
The weather forecasts don’t help.
So I am already wrapped up in my fleece dressing gown. The two electric fires are on.
I should be used to this by now...and my local chaps are very good.
But a new thought has started to circulate through my cold brain....
After all the phone calls that I’ve cut off recently...maybe I do need a new boiler......
Since David was so ill which was the first time we had a cold house I have had problems every winter..
The thought of the disruption involved by putting in a new boiler is very scary.. but so is having a cold home far too often.
Thankfully my sermon for tomorrow is printed...I still have hymns to chose so that’s my first job...after I’ve had my shower....arghhhhh!
Sorry to be moaning yet again...
Later
All is back to normal thank you God. The local chaps arrived.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

It sounds like a very cold house. We are fortunate to still have an open Gas Fire in our living room, so if we are cold, we at least have that. So far, our aged boiler is playing well, and long may it continue.