Wednesday 21 February 2018

Confrontation?

I woke up early with a weird thought in my head. I tried to rid myself of this thought but it persisted...
During the course of the last cruise I bought a pendant. Some of you may recall that when I got back to the ship I rang the number on the back of my debit card..they reassured me that all was well...they had cancelled a request for many more euros than I had paid.
Two weeks later another sum appeared in the debit column. It was at least twice as much as I thought I’d paid but not the much larger amount they tried to charge to start with.
Feeling very foolish I realised I would just have to live with it.
Yesterday looking at the ports of call on the next cruise I realised I was going back to the same place!
I was pleased...
This morning less so.
The thought of confronting these people is daunting...and it’s too late anyway..
I failed to get a proper receipt at the time because I had a bus to catch and didn’t want to miss it.
The whole event lies uneasily in my memory..A quick trip through all the various possibilities leaves me realising that it is best that I just learn to live with my stupidity.
I have considered going to the police there but I am not going to do that..the whole idea appals me because I was so stupid...
I will not be buying any more jewellery on any of my trips..it is a lesson learned..
It is a shame that I will now distrust anyone trying to sell me something..but once bitten. Etc.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:A3078,Truro,United Kingdom

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

My fealing is that you should use on of the top up cards that you can by, and topup with cash from your bank account before you travel. It means that the only thing can be taken is what is on the card and no more.

They do these at post offices etc and are the way to go for most who travel abroad, and you don't even need to take your credit cards with you.

Revjeanrolt said...

I didn’t know about these.....it’s certainly worth thinking about!

UKViewer said...

https://moneyfacts.co.uk/news/credit-cards/prepaid-cards-for-students/ etc

A comparison of the benefits of different cards