Thursday 22 March 2018

Moving carefully.

The only thing yesterday that was inanimate was me! Tugging a fairly heavy chair out of the way during the morning I caught my back. I obviously pulled a muscle which didn’t want to be used....
The only way to be comfortable after that was lying flat!
I am not good with pain but I am very careful taking painkillers.
But yesterday it was necessary.
The chair lift was used more in one day than in its entire life time. And it worked!
The small problem from the previous day was gone...like magic.....
I didn’t do much packing yesterday but I did get the posh frocks out. David’s office now has some interesting things hanging around.
I keep hearing the stuff about Facebook and I’m not sure how or if it actually affects me...
I could live without it but it has made itself essential in that many of the games I play let me in now only via Facebook.
I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything via them but going back twenty years I can’t be sure...
I am rapidly reaching the conclusion that I’m too old for all of this..
But as I live alone in a fairly isolated place, access to the internet is vital now.
I play the games, see the news coming in and talk to old friends daily.
It makes the difference from feeling lonely to always having someone to talk to.
I communicate. It’s what I do and why keeping this blog going is important to me.
I have yet to find out if my back is going to hold up today..so far so good!
And a stiff Scotch will help in an emergency.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Facebook is OK, as long as you use all of the options to protect your privacy and stop access from acts and games to your profile. It's these that take your data and share it widely

The facebook data was extracted by people playing a quiz online, which took their data, but also the contents of their friends lists (which you can prevent people from seeing if you wish) and also any activity liking or responding to others posts.

So, blocking apps is essential for online security, whether twitter or facebook