Sunday 24 June 2018

Taking stock!


Being eighty one isn’t much fun so far....
Yesterday was fine. I went out to lunch with my daughter in law who brought me a bottle of pink champagne which is not yet opened....
But this morning I’ve woken up with one hip screaming at me. I have no idea why...I didn’t go skateboarding yesterday.
So far I’ve managed to limp down the stairs but that just made it worse...
The wonderful weather continues here so I then struggled round the garden which is in full and glorious flower.
Now retired to a sofa I can try to take stock.
Thousands marching to demand another vote on Brexit feels like a lost cause given the intransigence of our Prime minister.
Saudi women smiling as they are allowed to drive! Alleluia.
Some trains seem to have been nationalised....ditto...
The poor birds who are destined not to fly with their stomachs filled with plastic. Oh hell!
It’s a very odd world seen from my sofa....
The vote to leave the European market just one year ago has changed this country. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing yet..
Living out in the sticks in deepest Cornwall feels like the safest bet for now..
But I’ll see how it feels in another five years when I might have taken up residence some where else...
I’m not actually as gloomy as I sound...life is still very good and never ever dull...so far ....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: