Saturday 18 August 2018

Walking in the dark!

I was not at my best last night. In fact I was a real wet blanket.
During the day a very old friend had been in touch. He knew that the best view of last nights fireworks was from my sitting room. But he wanted a closer encounter. Could we cross the road , walk down the meadow and find a seat closer?
Just walking along the main road in the dark was dodgy I thought, quite apart from the young bullocks that now live in that field.
My friend had brought torches...one each , so I tried. When we got to climbing over a ditch to get onto the field I gibbed. I need to see where I’m putting my feet these days.
We got back into the car to drive to the sensible place for viewing the blasted fireworks, a small beach immediately opposite Falmouth.
By this time I’d told my friend about the fireworks displays I see regularly whilst cruising. I was in fact a bit of a misery!
Along with lots of other cars having the same idea , we parked. By this time it was dark. I was quite happy to sit in the car, the view was what I see from my sitting room but much lower down! . My friend needed to be outside. He went off. I was quite happy not to follow him.
The display lasted about ten minutes and was definitely worth watching...but not worth walking along a rough path downhill in the dark.
I value my limbs.
So waking up this morning..in the knowledge that I was a fairly miserable companion last night, I am just very glad to have all my limbs intact.
Next year the fireworks will be seen from the safety of my sofa...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: