Sunday 19 August 2018

Still in bed!

I am getting used to not working on Sunday. Not only do I not have to spend the end of the week finding readings, writing sermons and choosing hymns, I don’t have to be up at seven am to get to the eight o’clock early communion.
I started this period of not working by being.upset and cross. Now I am finding it a release, especially in this busy, hot August.
I’ve rediscovered the joy of staying in bed on Sunday morning, listening to the news and planning lunch.
I am reluctant to go to church.
I know I would have far too many questions to answer and I don’t want to embarrass our curate who is doing everything she can to keep it all moving on her own.
By the time I’ve got to the next Safeguarding course in October I may well decide that it’s time to retire...
Here, from my bed the world looks grey this morning...I am not tempted to go out and forage.
My lovely stone Cornish hedges are covered in black berries, fast ripening. I don’t even have to go out!
Apples, small pears, and cherries are all ready to pick...in the old days I would be making pies. An elderberry tree has also got a lot of black fruit providing the pigeon I saw pecking away has left me some.
My wine making days are also over...but I can still donate the fruit to anyone popping in.
I seem to be making a lot of negative decisions right now...not to do things. But I realised yesterday that the next cruise is only a month away! And I’m not giving that one up.
I spent an hour yesterday planning my excursions off the ship. And paying for them....
Life goes on....thank you God.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: