Thursday 18 October 2018

Retirement.

I have decided it’s time to retire. This has nothing to do with feeling let down by the church but has everything to do with the ageing process which accelerated during my recent cruise.
I was shocked several times by my forgetfulness. My hair turning grey didn’t help. It is time I just stopped before I forget something important. I am very aware that I could inadvertently neglect something important which could hurt another person.
I waited until I got home but yesterday the decision was made. I will not go to the Safeguarding course tomorrow...and I have let various people know.
I have just got too old I’m afraid. I don’t think it’s dementia...or any of the other buzz words that get hurled about but I am forgetting too many things for comfort these days...
I could list a few things I’ve fumbled with since getting home but it’s not something I need to prove...
I’m well past retirement age, having retired from teaching twenty odd years ago now. So although I will miss it I think it’s time to just stop before I inadvertently hurt someone by forgetting something important.
This is not a decision I’ve taken lightly...but my mind is now made up.
I am now in my mind retired!
So be it Lord.

Later...I’ve read your comments and am very grateful for them...thank you. Unfortunately I have yet to get to grips with replying properly...the new Google rules are defeating me...hoping this gets through.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: