Friday 19 October 2018

Change!

When I went into the village this week I found that the bank had closed. In this small village I realise that we have been lucky to have had a bank at all but the only thing I used it for was to get cash. My gardener has to be paid in pound notes so I used to visit the cash machine about once a month. The Post Office has taken over this function and was very busy!
Today I have to fill up my car with diesel and the local garage in the next village has stopped selling it so I have a much longer drive to get to the next one. The irony of this has not escaped me.
Change is inevitable I suppose but right now there is just too much of it about.
I am aware that us old people grumble far too much about it. I can remember my impatience as a young woman with my older relatives as they moaned about rations and the difficulty in finding what they needed in the post war shops.
I now regard my mother as a heroine as she sewed her way through clothes rationing to make sure we were all dressed properly.
Change happens. The world I now live in would have been unrecognisable back then.
It is a better world I think. We have things now undreamed of in my youth...
So sometimes shops shut, new ones open or we shop on line.
I am glad we have WiFi. I love playing games on my iPad. But I do recognise that this wonderful invention is partly the reason why we have lost the local bank.
So accepting a bit of change is all part of the readjustment.
Modern life is much better than anything I was used to in my early life so let’s just get on with it! We can do this! I think!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: