Friday 18 January 2019

Brexit shortages?

Listening to the radio I hear that some medication might be difficult to obtain after Brexit.
This set up some small worries for me.
I have been taking a tablet for my blood pressure for years.
For the last two months this has been unattainable.
The local chemist provided me with a substitute and I have not actually thought about it until this morning whilst listening to the radio which said that due to stockpiling, some medicines are in very short supply.
Who is doing the stockpiling ? People or shops?
I am quite sure that I’m not in any kind of danger but it does have some anxieties if only to wonder what on earth we are getting into by pulling out of Europe.
Other shortages of foods have been forecast...I’m not sure why....
Did we really understand that becoming a country standing alone and proud would lead to all sorts of problems along the way?
I’m quite sure that we can all adjust to a new situation in time. But how many shortages or other problems may be met along the way? And how many people may suffer as a result of not getting the drugs or food that they are used to?
As the realities of leaving our present comfort zone start to become evident I do wonder if another referendum might not be a good idea?
Voting for an abstract idea of us plucky Britons standing alone seemed a good idea at the time...though not to me... but now that the reality is becoming evident may be its time to revisit the idea...
Just a thought........





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: