Thursday 17 January 2019

Retirement cards.

Since getting home I have had time to open cards and more importantly read them.
Not Christmas cards...I sorted those out on reaching home.
But I have got several retirement cards.
These are lovely.
But the sentiments expressed in them are wonderful.
Lots of expressions of regret that I won’t be around much from now on but the words often contain appreciation of the way I conducted my services and talked to people.
The mother of three small children yesterday said in her card yesterday that I welcomed everyone in with smiles and laughter .
"You told us it was alright to laugh in church. "
Well!
Other cards have made similar points .
People calling in as they pass have kept me in touch with lots of people from the village.
Apparently my sense of humour has been the saving grace of my ministry.
I laugh a lot . Apparently.
I am still laughing. Thank you God.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: