Sunday 17 March 2019

Brexit approaches!

I’m getting used to not having to rush around on Sunday.
The days when I did the eight o’clock communion are now long gone.
Sitting up in bed with the radio on and an iPad on my knee has become a joy rather than a misery.
The most worrying thing in the news this morning is the fact that Boris is lining up for the job of replacing Mrs May.
Surely not?
I feel sorry for our Prime minister whilst thinking that although she did her best to direct our way through the Brexit mess , her best was simply not up to it.
It is starting to feel like a mess and not the glorious coming of age that leavers would like to believe.
Who knows what the future will bring if we go through with no deal in place?
I don’t and I’m pretty sure Boris doesn’t either.
We are sailing into uncharted territory very soon and we need a person we can trust at the helm.
The list of those we don’t trust at this stage is long and Boris is on it.
I’m not even sure that it’s a general election we need either...it would produce even more upheaval , even more uncertainty.
And Boris was the chief architect for all this. The thought of him replacing Mrs May brings more distrust...fear  at times.
In fact I can’t think of anyone capable of bringing peace to this island set on self destruction in either party...
But I think there’s one thing most of us can agree on. Mrs May must face up to the sad fact that her days in power are over.
So all the infighting to get her place would bring even more uncertainty.
Right now nothing good looks possible....it’s time to pray for the best possible outcome, what ever that may be. Over to you Lord.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

KeyReed said...

I hadn't heard the news about Boris which you mention: do you think he stands a chance of replacing TM? I now trust very few politicians - they effectively took No Deal off the table which was surely a bargaining chip. I do support my local MP who always votes as I think he should: this leaves me with a problem. How do I register my discontent with the Conservatives and not vote for the MP I like? I have written to him to explain my current feelings on Brexit. What I'll do at the next election I do not know.

UKViewer said...

I, like you have lost trust in our politicians. Their performance is just not up to par. Whether we leave or stay is immaterial,the damage has been done.

We need a government of national unity, right now. If that means a change of leader, so be it.

We need courageous leadership, combined with commonsense, which are both in short supply at the moment.

Philip Hammond seems a safe pair of hands, perhaps he should do something about it, but the right wing press are totally against him, describing him as a remoaner.

But it is time to ignore the right wing media circus and elect for a liberal, middle way forward, which requires a combination of talents on a cross party basis and I don't see that happening, through individual party interests.

Be radical, go for it and lets have a graceful exit,without rancour or bitterness and with good relations with Europe for the future.