Sunday 26 July 2009

Alcohol gel

If you are a manufacturer of this gel then you are about to become rich. Various Arch Bishops, Bishops, Arch deacons  and possibly Uncle Tom  have all been very busy sending out instructions  this weekend as to how to not give our congregations swine flu. Cleaning hands with the gel is childsplay compared to trying to explain to the masses that the only person getting the wine was the priest!  Two startled congregations looked on in astonishment as I sent them back to their pews without it. It is all in the name of health and safety but I think it could very well promote the sort of panic they so desperately want to avoid. The best comment was from our rural dean who said "I want to get it over with before I go on holiday.   If you know anyone with it could we have a swine flu party."  I think he was joking!

No comments: