Sunday 8 August 2010

Portloe

Portloe is a very rugged fishing village up the coast from here. It was the background to a disappointing comedy series with Dawn French in it. But today it was truly glorious. I had done the communion at Veryan early and there was no point in going home so I parked in front of the chapel and looked at the view. It was a place me and David S had loved and it was at its best today. The congregation was small but very appreciative and were mostly locals. The chapel is shared with the Methodists and they difficulty following Common Worship with an order of service. Every time I went into the part just for the priest they were all turning pages over desperately trying to find their place. It was fine..and afterwards David and I went to the lugger for a lovely meal before coming back to find Crispin very much better, I could have done without the power cut in the afternoon but you cant have everything in this life!

No comments: