Sunday 19 September 2010

iPad Downloads

In a slightly barmy moment I downloaded Kindle to the iPad. It works very well indeed and set me off on several daft searches for stuff I might want to read on holiday. Next weekend we set off for three weeks of sun in Majorca. It's a lovely quiet spot and we are looking forward to it. We know there's not much English TV because we've been before so I have been loading games and videos onto the iPad. I will never be bored with this lot at my finger tips. My husband has an I book player...this in itself saves so much heavy stuff in the suitcase it's worth it's weight in gold. Not carrying books means I can take more clothes!
Amongst the kindle books I spotted the Tony Blair book for £7. A bargain so I downloaded it instantly and told David that I had it. Too late he'd already bought it.
"But," he said "The dam thing has seized my reader up...I can't get it to go past the tenth chapter".
I said he could borrow mine and then we went on to other things. I put the food in the oven, he retreated to his study.
Moments later he reappeared. "Ive done it." he said beaming. "It works again." I wanted to know how he'd done it. Brute force and ignorance. He had hurled it across the room. Now works beautifully again.
In the meanwhile following an experience the last time we were abroad I downloaded the Lectionary. You never know when you might need a collect. Or two.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: