Monday 20 December 2010

Eclipsed!

I am lying in bed with a glorious view of the moon. It has a bite out of it now and is going for a total eclipse.
It's very easy to see why our ancestors worshipped both the sun and the moon on occasions like this. In the clear skies over Cornwall it feels mysterious and beautiful.
It also reminds me of my hippie days when I was an Astrologer.
To actually admit this is difficult now. Priests are not supposed to have dabbled in magic but then I was not always a priest.
I was a self taught astrologer. Probably not very good. There's a lot of sums involved and Maths was never my subject.
But I did enjoy it and it did seem to work. I suspect that it worked for me like a crystal ball. It channelled my thoughts and allowed the psychic musings to emerge un impeded by logic.
Of course I do not do it now. Havnt got time for a start. But usually an eclipse is symbolic of some sort of disaster. We seem to be having a lot of those right now without the moon getting involved.
Half of it has gone and I may have to leave the comfort of my bed to witness the rest.
My days as an Astrologer may be over but I still appreciate something wonderful when I see it.

Location:Truro,United Kingdom

No comments: