Thursday 30 December 2010

Old ladies and birth

All this talk about babies has reminded me of what happened when I announced my engagement. The bishop, bless him asked me in the middle of a crowded room if I was pregnant.
"No of course not " I said indignantly.
"Ah but how do you know your not pregnant?". Short pause whilst ears strained all round the room.
"Because it's quite hard to do without a womb"
He was not out done. "Remember Sarah" he said.
She of course got pregnant well into old age. But she still had a womb!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

Bit cheeky by the Bishop - I trust it was all tongue-in-cheek?.

Comparing you with Sarah was probably a bit cheeky as well. She was old, you are just mature.

Anonymous said...

Bishop's very lucky he didn't get a tight slap - which he would have, had he been my son. Cheeky bugger!

Isabelle