Sunday 12 December 2010

Wandering with Nomad Jean

When Gorse is out of flower then kissings out of season. I've always loved that ancient saying and was reminded of it when I dragged my poor dog out for a stroll. Crispin has regrown all the hair that was shaved off when he had to have his operation so he doesn't feel the cold, really, its just that although the temperatures up so is the wind and it feels chilly out there.
After all my proud boasts about  the Spring flowers in my garden I take it all back. The recent deep freeze has done us all damage. It may have finally finished off the wonderful Agapanthas which  have only just recovered from last years blast!
The only thing in flower now is the gorse...along the Cornish hedgerows there are the bright yellow flowers. Every year I decide to get rid of it...and then in the winter I'm glad I didn't.
Down at St Just  its much the same story...even the hydrangeas are looking forlorn!
However both here and there the fat buds are untouched and we shall soon see  glorious camellias out in all their glory.
Only the very old of you will know what the title of this blog is all about.   I leave you guessing!

No comments: