Tuesday 1 February 2011

On the last lap.

We are now two hours behind the UK. Until yesterday I had assumed this to be some of the problem of our lassitude. It was latitude versus lassitude. However that soon changed when David announced that he was ill. Now my husband never admits to illness. He is an intrepid soul who cuts straight across the manflu cult. He has never had a major illness in his life and never even had a day off work so I had to take this announcement seriously.
Off we went to the doctors. I was on a follow up and he was there for the first time. The doctor saw us together. We have bronchitis. The prescription was frightening. Painkillers, inhaler for me, steroids for us both and anti biotics. Blimey! We skipped our supper date and had room service. We also cracked open one of the bottles of champagne we found in our room on the first day.
We went to bed early and feel much better this morning. We are sitting on deck gazing out to sea. We arrive in South Africa on Friday. I think we fly home on Monday. So we have a few days to recover in!
I have also been told how many people are praying for us so this is a wonderful gift. Thank you all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Ray Barnes said...

Please add my prayers for you both to your list of well-wishers Jean.
Not sure how well your bottles of bubbly will mix with the medication. One way to find out I guess. Enjoy the rest of your trip.