Monday 7 February 2011

Wonderful day

We have made the most of our last day in Cape Town. We set off on a sightseeing open topped bus and saw the city, finally driving up to Table Mountain. We then chickened out of the cable car to the very top and took pics instead.
The whole tour was cheap but excellent. The voice over did not gloss over apartheid and there were sad reminders of the past but the main note was of pride and joy in their heritage and of their emergence into the light of freedom.
Afterwards we returned to the waterfront and had lobster and chips! It was brilliant washed down with cape Chardonnay.
I then had my big splurge of the holiday. I bought a small purse made of crocodile, ostrich and antelope. The sales girl said it was OK because they had been eaten. I agreed and now have the strangest purse I have ever seen.
Our experience in Cape Town has been positive and enriched by the pleasant nature of the locals. If we live long enough we will come again. DV.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: