Sunday 13 March 2011

Sermon notes.

The sermon went quite well this morning though it lacked some of my customary humour.  In any one sermon I try to make them first laugh and then maybe cry.  This morning was more tearful than most. I had managed to get a couple of interesting stories about fasting  but the main theme  was inevitably  concerned with the global disasters that keep occurring.
I mentioned a couple of tweets I had read last night before going to sleep One was from Jon Snow from channel4. He had been on a beach where 300 bodies had been washed up and more on their way.  This in a place where beaches are an important part of the village had a massive effect on them.
Another tweet had said that 200 people had been treated for radiation sickness at a busy hospital.
Afterwards I had to try to explain the concept of tweeting  because they wanted to know where I'd got it from.
The notion of us all living in a global village is now I think more real. We really do have neighbours across the world.
My husband had been busy telling people that I played Scrabble on line as well as Backgammon so one of my conversations after church involved an invitation to a Backgammon tournament at the local sailing club.
That'll teach me!

No comments: